Apple iPhone 4S announced - Id like to say every single prediction I had was right :-D
- Faster processor - A5 chip (faster, 7x faster graphic)
- 8 hours of talk time
- Dual mode - GSM and CDMA 'World Phone'
- Camera updates: 8MP camera, 1080p video recording
- Voice Recognition Feature: Siri (hold down home button to access voice recognition feature) You can get the forecast, play songs, text someone, get to any webpage, write emails. Sounds just ok right? The on-stage demos were insane. (Available in English, German and French)
Free Cards app announced - 21 designs in 6 categories you can send a card for $2.99 domestic and $4.99 worldwide - it will send you a push notification when the card arrives. In short, Hallmark got served.
Nano - improved navigation and improved fitness .. walk and run tracking right out of the box.
A bunch of new clock faces including Mickey and Minnie!
iPod Touch - now in white starting at 8GB for $199
Carriers and Availability:
iPhone 3GS - 8GB - FREE
iPhone 4 - 8GB - $99
iPhone 4S - 16 GB - $199
iPhone 4S - black and white... 16GB starting at $199, 32GB - $299, 64GB - $399
iPhone 4S - available October 14th... Pre-orders on the 7th.... Oct 14th avails in US, Can, AUS, France, UK, Germany, Japan
Dec 2011 available in over 70 countries.
Will also be available in Sprint.
Apple Business Updates: (worth noting taken from beginning of presentaiton)
- Apple now has 357 stores in 11 countries
- Since last 5 years Apple has outpaced the PC
- 1 of 4 PCs sold is a MAC --- 23% of the market-share
- iPod 78% of the market-share -- 300 million + iPods sold cumulative
- 16 billion songs downloaded in iTunes to date.
- iPhone4 is the #1 smartphone in the world
- 93% of Fortune 500 companies are deploying iPhone
- iPhone owns only 5% worldwide mobile phone market (collective yet there are over 1.5 billion units annually. This shows HUGE room for potential.
- Over 80% of top hospitals in US are now testing or piloting iPad.
- 92% of Fortune 500 companies are testing or deploying iPad.
- Customers have downloaded more than 18 billion apps - more than 1 billion per month.
- Apple has already paid more than 3 billion dollars to app developers.